1.2.12

Fresh sewing Day

Well January is done and dusted and looking back I managed to get a fair bit done.



There was an awful lot of gadget cases, a couple of quilt tops, some zipper practice and a bit of paper piecing thrown in at the end :)

My favourite is the miniature flying geese circle for my Mouthy stitches pouch, I have already pulled some rainbow prints out so I can keep one, send one! 




February looks like its gonna busy!  I Plan to quilt the two tops and finish my Mouthy Stitches pouch next week.  I have a week off work and on-tap babysitters in the form of Grandparents who have been deprived of the kidlets company since Christmas.  Win-win all round ;)

Curve class starts Monday and I am excited and a bit nervy! I really want to crack curves though as there are so many ideas I want to try but have avoided because of the curve factor!!

I am linking up with Lily's Quilt Fresh sewing day and Small blog meet.


I am picking my machine up Friday and cannot wait to get making ;)

14 comments:

  1. LOVE the flying geese circle...think I may have said that before!! Have fun with your machine when it comes home xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy....good job!

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the circle of geese! Fantastic job. Is that linen you are using with it? I've still yet to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like January was good - love your little typewriter project and your flying geese - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stuff! I'm a sucker for rainbow anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flying geese is a beauty. I can see why you'd want one for yourself. Any interest in making a third for me?!? Presumptuous of me, huh?!? I'm just meeting you so I really shouldn't kid around like that, but couldn't resist. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that flying geese circle is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You HAVE been busy! Love the flying geese circle. Foundation piecing scares me but I've seen several gorgeous versions of that pattern so I might have to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting through Lily's quilts...love your work -- especially that flying geese circle. I have got to try making one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your little bag #5, I made a bag recently, this one looks interesting. And you have been busy! Keep it up

    Visiting from Lily's Fresh Sew Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just popped over from the small blog meet and i'm loving your stuff!! The colors are great and you got a lot done this month. Can't wait to follow and see what all you do in February. When you get the chance I would love for you to stop by my blog and have a look around. I hope your having a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Popped in to see you, Lesley (at Poppy Patch) told me you had been into the shop today, and she passed on your blog address. I nearly met up with you, as I was invited to sit and sew, but couldn't make it prior date with 'Holiday on Ice', but may be next time. Love your flying geese, will wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kelly, lovely to meet you yesterday at Poppy Patch. Its so nice to put a face to a name . Your circle of geese is lovely. Might have a go at that myself one day. I see sewjo contacted you!

    Happy sewing
    Lyndax

    ReplyDelete