10.2.12

Sewing machine jazz up!


I had the urge Wednesday night to paper piece my Blog name using some scraps and Osnaburg, I don't know why, but I just went with it.  I searched Etsy for a pattern and found  these.  The letters finish at 3" and are very easy to piece.  



 I decided that I wanted to make a sewing machine cover and that I was going to have to cut into my stash of Melody Miller to make the cover big enough for my machine.  I didn't follow a pattern, I just measured my machine with a bit of ribbon (I have lost my tape measure again!!) and had at it!

  I am so glad that I did because I am in LOVE with this cover.  I used the panel to make the other side of the cover ( I love that typewriter!!) and quilted with straight (ish) lines.




I am binding this afternoon with the flowery fabric from the MM Ruby Star Shining, then I just need to attach four ribbons and it is good to go!

6 comments:

  1. As if your blog isn't cute enough..........now this! Great job on the paper piecing : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest sewing machine cover ever! Love the letters you pieced. Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done it looks great xx sometimes you just have to GO where the fabric takes you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun is that!!! very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic sewing machine cover!

    ReplyDelete