8.2.12

W.I.P Wednesday

So it's that time of the week again and I am linking up with the Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday!

Grab a button:
First of all though I have a special mention for my finest ongoing WIP!  My gorgeous little man turned 3 today, Happy birthday angel!!!

Finishes:

Stitched in Colour curves class started for real this week and I have managed to crank out the first of many projects.  Scissor fabric bunting!!  I am going to have to do a lot persuading to get my hubby to overlook this going up in our living room.


Pouches for the Mouthy Stitches swap (these will be getting a post dedicated to them so not much info here)




Miniature circle of geese pin cushion.  I wanted to try shrinking the block smaller as I had seen a few gorgeous pics on Flickr.  I turned it into a pincushion because I couldn't think of any thing else to do with it!

Sherbet Pips quilt - My first quilt of 2012 just needs one side of binding handsewn and it is officially complete!


Progress made:

Colour brick quilt - backing is now made and I plan on basting and quilting tomorrow.

Tiny bit of progress made with my Circle stitch along cushion.

New projects:
A lot more curve stitching.
Name tag swap for the Fat quarterly London retreat in June

Right I am off to play shops with my boy :)

23 comments:

  1. Fab sewing. You should be very impressed with yourself! And a very happy birthday to your little man. He's looking pretty pleased with life too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your circle of geese projects turned out. Happy birthday to your little cutie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love your mouthy stitches projects and that pincushion! wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely pieces there, you have been busy - that quilt looks gorgeous. Happy Birthday to your little chap - 3 is such a fun (and challenging) age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to try the circle of geese pattern for quite a while. I love how small yours is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little pouches! The colors really pop. And happy birthday to your little man!! ~Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are so darling. I love the cheerful colors and rainbow scheme. The scissors bunting is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the pouches are awesome, but I think I am totally in love with that pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your mouthy stitches pouches and pincushion! Wow! Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all those flying geese in a circle! Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, the circle of flying geese projects are just gorgeous! I love the wavy quilting on the Sherbet Pips too! I can't wait to see more of the curves class projects, it looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your work is lovely....Happy Birthday to that sweetheart

    ReplyDelete
  13. The circles of geese are just fabulous!
    I hope your little one had a fun birthday - I felt like my daughters became the most delightful little people after they turned 3!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the circles of geese! You're brave doing it on a small scale but what a great pincushion!

    Hope your little guy had a fabulous birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with that pincushion! Happy birthday to your little one. I have a 3 year old too, isn't it such a fun age.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to your gorgeous little man. What a cute smile.
    Lots of lovely finishes.both your pouches are gorgeous and I'm sure they will love which ever one you send.

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy birthday little person! adorable pincushion too

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your geese-y pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by to comment on the Modern Triangle quilt...I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have been so productive. I love the tiny pin cushion -- beautiful!!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the circles of geese - looks like it's backed with a linen, or linen-like fabric, which adds to the visual texture!

    Beautiful work, and happy birthday to the quidling!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pincushion! I'm very jealous of your half moon modern - love that collection.

    ReplyDelete