31.3.12

All sewn out!

  At the start of the week, my goal was to make the Half Moon Modern HST quilt to match my cushions.  Yesterday I completed that goal and I am so happy with how it's turned out.  It still needs borders but I have to measure it on my own bed first to see how wide I need to go.

I have been avoiding making anything with HST for so long after a rather horrendous try at a zigzag quilt last year.  I think I may have cracked it though, it's not perfect but neither am I ;-)

Being modelled in the MIL's spare room  - check out the old tape player!

I now need a third cushion in matchy HST cushion to go with these two..

Matchy matchy cushions!

I ended up unscrewing the ironing board top and turning it around, now it's just perfect!!  I have had a brilliant week, but I have to admit, I am ready for a few days break from the sewing machine.  


15 comments:

  1. Wow this is fab, I love the design. Can I ask lots of questions please? Did you use layer cake squares to make the HSTs? How big is it now without borders? Where did you get typewriter fabric? (well done for turning it around!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fab! I love how fresh it is and it looks pretty perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! So bright and smiley :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful!
    Glad you sorted the table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow that is amazing! I love how the white just pops those colors out and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha - congrats on the brilliant week!! Your quilt looks SO awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It`s gorgeous Kelly and I love the scale of the HSTs - your MiL will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fabulous my dear. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. The top is great, don't worry the lack of perfection, it makes it unique and individual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks great, the colours are so cheery. Love the mini ironing board too - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that quilt! Now I want to make something with Half Moon Modern. Guess it's time to go shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt top looks fantastic. You have had a great week haven't you.
    Glad it was easy to turn the top around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo that Quilt top is lovely, very fresh and summery - any excuse to make a third cushion eh?! :) x

    ReplyDelete