4.3.12

A bit of this & that!

Today I went to my first London Modern quilt guild meeting and had a great time meeting some exceptionally talented people.  Today's meet was in St Johns Wood (POSH!!) in Michael's fab shop ,  its a beautiful shop full of yarn and fabric.

 We had a monthly challenge of making something with a Valentines theme and in my normal way of managing to skip important bits in emails/posts, I only discovered there was a challenge last week!

I went small and simple and made a mug rug.

Add caption


Love those hedgehogs!

Mmmmm Krispy Kreme
 We had a scrap swap and have the challenge of making a wonky log cabin block for next month.

The other exciting news for last week was the arrival of my Mouthy Stitches swap pouch.  My pouch came all the way over the pond from the lovely Karen of Laughter in quilts.

It is a fantastic mix of hexies and linen and is now the perfect home for all my hand quilting bits and bobs. Inside there is a zippered pocket and the funkiest of lining and it was full to bursting with some fantastic scraps.

 Thank you so much Karen, I love it!!!

Pouch already in use!
Right I am off to eat the doughnut before the kidlet does, I hope you all are having a great Sunday!
xx


10 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you today, Kelly, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your fab creations over the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly - nice to meet you today at the meeting. Loved your take on the February challenge and can't wait to see your March challenge block! I follow your blog - it is great! See you in April. Amy from www.craftyshenanigans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, it was a lovely day. So many great people to get to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The meeting sounds wonderful - love your MR! Karen's pouch (well, your pouch!) is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get the sticky donut off the beautiful mug rug!

    So jealous of your Guilding fun ladies.

    Glad you got such a lovely pouch xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pouch you received - that lining is yummy. Great to meet you today too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you being near a modern quilt guild. Mug rug is cool and your pouch is lovely. Where do you get your hand quilting thread from, the colours are lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great meeting, and lots of really good meetings in the future!
    Lovely pouch too, I'm still waiting for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are not alone in procrastination, whether intentional or not. :) I have to come up with something for our upcoming guild meeting. Sure I've had two months, but there's nothing like the pressure of weeks and days! Ha!

    I want to hear about Paris! Let this Texan live vicariously through you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mug rug (and the doughnut!!)
    Such a great pouch too!

    ReplyDelete