30.3.12

Pimped!

I needed a  new mini ironing board and after being forced to step away from the sewing machine on Wednesday (Dads birthday), I decided to get a sneaky bit of crafting in!


I bought a £7.99 TV table from Dunelm Mill.



Then using some of my precious Melody Miller Typewriters and some 80/20 Wadding, I followed the Oh Fransson tutorial.  Instead of using staples though, I bought some upholstery pins form B&Q and they worked really well.

I did centre it before I nailed it down!


The finished Ironing board is so cool, I might never put it away!


Just one problem!  I didn't think about fabric direction when I was laying it all out....

That is going to annoy me forever more!  I am already considering unscrewing the top and turning it around.

In other great news for this week, I received an email from Rachel of Stitched in Colour last night.  My mini was one of the random pick winners in the Festival of Scrappiness and I have a 12 pack kit of Aurifil 30 wool threads winging their way to me. Woo hoo!!!!!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations, that's fantastic!
    Love the ironing board, but it's too nice to use it! How easy is it to turn it around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the win! Love that fabric! If it's easy to turn around I would do it now, or like you said it will always annoy you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ironing board! Such gorgeous fabric. And congratulations on the win! That's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun table for sure! And congrats on the win - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such fun xx well done on your win xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant idea for the ironing board, and so much better than lugging the big one up and downstairs like I do! But yep, you're gunna have to unscrew the top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that you won some thread - congratulations!!
    Love the upside-down ironing table - I always get my ironing board in such a burnt up mess, I daren't make it pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for winning - how super exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea. And I saw your name in the winners circle and was thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Love the ironing board too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! and I totally admire you for using all those typewriters in one go! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Kelly! So happy you won that yummy thread!
    Lovely new ironing board!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the win! Love the ironing board, but I would unscrew it and turn it around -- that kind of thing makes me nuts too!

    ReplyDelete