27.3.12

Two birds....

.....one rainbowey stone!

My London Modern Quilt Guild challenge mini is all finished and I am rather pleased with it (mild understatement!).  April's challenge (yes I am still aware that it is only March - I am geek!) was to design a 12" mini quilt. A vote will decide which 12 mini's get to be displayed at the Oxford Street John Lewis store in June.  

As I was a whole month ahead of schedule with this challenge, I thought I would enter it into the Stitched in Colour Festival of scrappiness.

My entry is hardly a massive scrap buster, but it fits within the rules and there are prizes involved ;-)



I am feeling much better today, although still avoiding the squaring up!  I need to get my arse in gear!  Please excuse the bizarre layout of today's post, blogger is doing my head in!

My attempt at an arty pose!

Reverse with cute little hanging corners.

Curvy random quilting inspired by a quilt from the Zakka style book









8 comments:

  1. Very cool!! I think you've done good! Congrats for being the early bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mini - good luck and hope it gets in the John Lewis store and/or wins some prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks great - good luck in both competitions xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous block and months ahead too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I thought you'd grown a quilt tree (in the same category as a money tree for desirability). Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! That quilting is fab :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I hope you win, I'll come up to London and view it! x

    ReplyDelete