14.3.12

W.I.P Wednesday

Whilst last week as good sewing week, so far this week has been a bit meh.  I seem to have lost my mojo again (probably alcohol induced from the weekend) and finally gave up trying after dropping the iron, singing the carpet again and then stepping on the broken tip from the iron burning my foot!

I have a couple of bits to show though, so its not all bad ;-)

Finished projects:

I turned my first NYBQA block into a cushion for my bedroom.  I am in love with my Hera marker right now!

W.I.P's:
  • LMQG challenge quilt - I finally decided on a random curvy style after seeing a similar pattern in the Zakka book.  Now I just need to find a black spotty fabric for the binding and it will be finished.


  • Just wing it Improv quilt - blocks sewn and ready for squaring up.
  • Little apples tumbler quilt - no progress, still 3/4 pieced.
  • Circles stitch along - no progress
  • Brick quilt binding - no progress

New projects:

I am off to the Fat Quarterly sewing retreat in June and have signed up to be part of a name tag swap.  I am working on a couple of ideas and wanted to try them out so ignore the fabric choices.  I am thinking about stamping my partners name onto the fabric.


I have plans to sew the second block of the New york Beauty QA today, but right now I am off to check out everyone else's WIPS.  Linking up with the Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday as usual.




20 comments:

  1. First, I LOVE that cushion. It's so springy and happy!

    Second, that's your John Lewis challenge? You are setting the bar high!

    Third, I can't believe how on top of things you are! I love your ideas for the name badge. And I'm now stressed out I haven't started mine yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely NYB cushion. Those points look very pointy! I can't beleive you're starting on your badges - I haven't even thought about mine yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your curvy quilting - had not seen that before! Your pillow is also gorgeous!! (Sure glad you survived your iron incident - yikes!) Do take care! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All gorgeous!! Love the tags, especially the bottom one :)
    I'm having nightmares about doing mine - I have ideas but not sure they'll work, I'll have to post about it once I've had a go! You're well on the ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love your NYB cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good - I got some supplies today for my name tag too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your foot. Are you okay?
    Your NY Beauty pillow came out very nice and I like the rainbow colors in LMQG quilt. Cute name tags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your cushion cover. I'm pondering my name tage design too - my partner looks to be fab at everything so I'm worried!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your NYB cushion so much, it's giving me ideas! I just started my first block in the QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear - no wonder your mojo has gone walkabout! Your projects look amazing - that little star would be my choice for a name badge. The cushion is gorgeous - looking forward to seeing your next NYB block.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely cushion, lovely colours, and I thought for a minute that LMQG block was from your scraps, was just thinking you had waaaaay better scraps than I did, lol. Would love to get involved with the name badge swap too - how do we sign up for that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my mojo has seriously gone walkabout so I empathize! Love what you have achieved in the face of mojo adversity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything! Those name tags are super cute too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous projects! Loving the NY Beauty cushion - just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the colors you've used in both projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving your NYB pillow! And your ideas for name tags are pretty great! I have a pinterest board for that - that I started before the Sewing Summit last year -- feel free to poke around: http://pinterest.com/emedoodle/quilted-name-tag/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! You are making beautiful things and working on your name tag already too! I haven't even thought about it much yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of lovely things! How's your foot?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gorgeous gorgeous cushion! Do I take it from this that you recommend investing in a Hera marker? I've been thinking about it since my disappearing pen either disappears too quicky or not at all! Sorry about the iron incident, yoowwch!

    ReplyDelete