10.5.12

Pattern junky!

When it come to online patterns I have trigger happy fingers, then the said patterns sit happily in file not being made for months on end.

One of my New years resolutions was to actually make some of these patterns and not just look at them!

So yesterday I got two parcels of the fabric variety (because I need more fabric, like a hole in the head!!) and decided that I would make the Keyka Lou camera case (as its a retired pattern it's only $3 now!), which I bought last December.

Fat Eighth bundle of Summersville  = happy post!!
I ordered a fat eighth bundle of Summersville from Pink castle Fabrics last week and decided to pick out a couple of prints to make a summery case.


The camera case pattern rocks!  Very easy to follow and full size pattern templates are included.  I used fusible fleece instead of interfacing and as I despise Velcro, I put a magnetic clasp in instead.  My only regret is not using the black for the strap as it would have been a better contrast, oh well.

My packages also contained these lovelies, oh happy days!...

Timeless treasure underground fabric
Pezzy, ta dots and metro for stash

Quilt blocks layer cake

I signed up for the Stiched  in Colour Handstiched course today, I will learn some hand sewing skills if it kills me!  Now I am off to consume vast quantities of wine as I have had the day from hell at work.
x

15 comments:

  1. Oh look at the wonderful fabric haul. Nice!! And the camera bag is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your camera case looks great! As does your fabric - that 'quilt blocks' is new to me - I like! Also interested to hear how your class goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your camera bag is adorable and I signed up for the course today - look forward to attempting some hand stitching with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous camera case, I love that summersville fabric. Hope the fabric and wine have helped you feel better after the day from hell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking at your fabric purchases and I have to smile. They are almost identical to mine, down to the Underground fabric! I love that pattern and your case is lovely! Sorry about your challenging day. Don't you just hate those!! Have a glass for me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool camera case - great use of the Scandi 'London Bus Red' fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magazines are my downfall....I love your camera case! And the delicious fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, I'm so jealous right now. I'm trying to resist the Summersville temptation but I really don't think it's going to last much longer! And the rest of it is gorgeous too. Love your taste in fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The camera case is gorgeous!! That's a lot of lovely fabric, I really like the quiter's blocks, it'll have to go on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute camera case! I do the exact same thing with patterns, my pattern folder & bookmark folder are completely overwhelming. I signed up for the hand sewing class as well...I hope it makes me stop dreading the hand sewing part of patterns! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been looking for Summersville, so may have to order some. Your camera case is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cor, can't believe you've got EVERY summersville fabric, I just ordered a couple of the prints, but your haul puts that to shame! Love the underground fabric too...
    x

    ReplyDelete