2.5.12

W.I.P Wednesday

It's a miracle I have anything to show this week with the amount of time I have had to spend at work, but I soldiered through it ;-).  I did learn quite quickly that trying to sew on 2 hours sleep after a night shift wasn't the smartest of moves, not that a few burns stopped me!

Finishes:

  • Netbook cases, which are a gift for two friends at work.  I love how these turned out and you may notice that I ditched the star I was working on last week and went for a bit more colour and the typewriter.   Is it bad that I am hoping they won't like them so I can keep one??  I used Amber's tutorial again for this, adjusting the measurements slightly as the netbooks are taller.

I love those typewriters!
MM typewriter appliqued on with Aurifil 12wt in black

Scrap busting back
  • Pezzy Union Jack.  I had the urge to try a paper pieced version from EQ7 and am so happy with it I framed it and hung it above my sewing machine.

  • Both the Improv and colour brick quilt are all finished, I am just waiting to go up to the in laws for outside pictures at the weekend (weather permitting!)


W.I.P's: 


The list is getting smaller!


Progress:


Granny runner - all quilted and now I am just pondering binding options, I am thinking dark grey.





No progress:
  • Circle cushions - no progress.
  •  Tumbling apples (Siblings together quilt) -No progress, still needs quilting!
New projects:

  •  FQ retreat sample swap - Flying geese magnets.  I have all the supplies now, including industrial strength magnets so these are today's task.

  I will be back to blog read later after I have met the kidlets demands to make him a new zippy pouch :)

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.

26 comments:

  1. Kelly I LOVE those netbook covers. *looks at MM stash and sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to say they don't like those gorgeous typewriters!! You will have to make another for yourself. Don't you love when the kids demand things be made. Now to teach them to do it themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love those netbook covers!! You're making me want to applique some of my typewriter stash, and I hardly ever applique! Somehow I doubt that your friends will dislike them, I think you're going to need to make one just for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - I love those Netbook covers! I agree with everyone here - you will definitely have to make one for yourself! There's no way anyone would say "no thanks" to those beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those notebook covers are gorgeous! Love the Union Jack - I'd like to make a UJ quilt one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great covers!
    Lots of lovely projects on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your netbook covers are wonderful! Those typewriters are so cute! I'd have to make one for myself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am seriously jealous of your coworkers! Beautiful covers, there is no way they'll dislike them! I love how you featured the typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You accomplished a lot;really. I espcecially love the typewriters..too cute.
    Thanks for stopping by to comment on my baby quilt..I was actually surprised at how much I did like it...have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Pezzy Union Jack is really unique! And the typewriter cases are just stunning. Thanks for sharing on Freshly Pieced, that's where I found you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the case with the typewriters ( I just got some of that fabric to make bags as well.). Really like handstitching too. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are going to have to make your own netbook cover--NO ONE would say they didn't like these!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE LOVE your netbook covers. Stylishly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really nice, Kelly, time to get going on number 3, I suspect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The netbook covers are fantastic and the union jack is just too cool. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those netbook covers are divine- the typewriter is too darned cute! I would want to keep one for myself too and I think you have done such a nice job on them you deserve to make one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness- I LOVE your netbook covers! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for typewriters! They look fantastic - I love how the black thread makes them pop against the background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those netbook covers are amazing!! And I love the granny runner :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love the netbook covers - so cute and colorful. How about a polka dot binding for the granny runner - grey or black?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think your netbook covers look fabulous, and the union jack looks great framed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oooh, yum, yum, yum, it's all so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. loving the cases . . . and the runner . . . and . . .

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the back of your netbook cases! Patchwork seems to be tugging at my heart recently. And the front isn't shabby either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. these are such gorgeous projects. i love the cases with the typewriters on them!!! so fun

    ReplyDelete