29.7.12

Hexie heaven!

There has been quite the flurry of hand sewing going on in my house this week.  Bloom is finished and has been washed for the crinkly look (and to remove the blood stain!!), all I need now is for the sun to come back out for a decent pic - watch this space!!

The other bit of hand stitchery came about because the lovely Aneela gave me a ton of scraps from both her Sew stitchy line and a few from the gorgeous new Cherry Christmas.  I downloaded a E-copy of the Hexa go-go book last week and decided to start off with a relatively easy project, the Rosette needle book.


I fussy cut the hexagons from the Sew stitchy hexagon print, which handily measure 1/2", hand sewed the flower and then appliqued using my machines blanket stitch.


Inside I used a slightly smaller piece of felt and instead of binding I took the slightly lazy top stitching route.  So now I have the perfect needle book for all the EPP I am planning on doing on Holiday.  Thanks Aneela - You rock!!

Now the reason I got to finish the Bloom this week and not be at work is because my little man has caught Chicken Pox.


the little love is still smiling, despite being covered on every square inch of his tiny little frame by pops, as he calls them.

18 comments:

  1. bummer about the pox, but awesome little needle book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call them the Polka Dots here. They are itchy little rotters but I heard its better for them to catch them young. Get Well Soon ickle JeliChunkster.

    I really must make myself a needle book - I just remembered that I planned to make it when the Hexa book arrived weeks ago. Did you download yours onto a Kindle? I wondered what sewing books are like in that format.

    I am just about to make a start at cutting the fabric for this months bee blocks.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm, I think I should see what you have been up to before I blog :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and I forgot to say, my kids used to call each spot a "chicken pock", because pox is clearly plural ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I had one went down with 'Pookie Chox' as soon as he entered play group, and was covered in them,his sister had three pox, and we wouldn't have known if he hadn't been covered! The youngest wasn't born then, but caught them aged 6 months, and was covered! But none of mine was 'ill' with them. But it is a good reason to not go to work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little man - I've never had them. I hope he keeps smiling through them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the poor thing - I still remember the itch and the 'not well' feeling...I hope he recovers soon!

    Your needle book is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, hope little man feels better soon! (Try putting a couple of spoonfuls of bicarb in the bath water - it's supposed to help ease the itching). Love the little needlebook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sticheries are so cute!! Hope your little guy gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy. Chicken pox. I remember them well. He still looks pretty chipper. Your little hexie project is sweet. I wish I could find some of Aneela's fabrics from that line in our local shops. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw I hope your little man loses the itchy soon - not fun! Fab needle book, can't believe how casual you are about knowing Aneela!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those hexagons are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is how needleworker/quilter started her creative life. She couldn't stop scratching so (brilliant - my word) mother taught her how to knit. She became so absorbed in the knitting that she forgot to scratch...(I still have a coupla scars from 'popping' them.
    Your embroidery on 1/2" hexies is delightful - the bird & mushroom, the flowers & the cross stitch. How did you fit them in? What needle & thread did you use?
    I am glad you followed Aneela's design with the mushroom.
    Must get that book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh that is such a beautiful needlecase! Gorgeous. I'm very jealous of those yummy scraps! Sorry the little man has the pox, hope he feels better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous needle book - hope the pops don't hang around do long!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet hexies, hope the little man is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hexies are gorgeous! Hope the little man gets over his chickenpox soon, it seems quite variable how children react to it, so hope he has a mild case x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore your needlebook. Hope your little one gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete