8.9.12

Space dust!

The night before I flew off to sunny Ireland, I was lucky enough to attend a LMQG meet with Tula Pink.  Tula was fabulous and talked us through her design processes and had bought over a few of her quilts to show us.

When Tula showed us Space dust  I fell in love!

 Now I appreciate that is possibly the worst pic in the world, so you can see it properly here.

I bought the pattern as soon as I could get on the Internet at my Mum and Dads and started planning on the fabrics I wanted to use.  I knew that I wanted to use solids and maybe a print for the borders and then I did a little search in Flickr and saw this.

That sealed the deal for me and this is what I have plucked out of my fabric cupboard....

Mixture of Klona and Kona solids with Wordplay 13 for the background.

As the original quilt size is massive, I have decided to print the templates (all 40+) at 75% to give me a nice lap size quilt.  I am hoping to get started on this tomorrow after I have finished the last pencil case.

Right, now I have to go clean the house and make  chilli for my afternoon soiree ;-)

12 comments:

  1. mmmmmm chilli. I'll be right over

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kelly - first off - what sort of magic cupboard have you got that has all that fabirc in it?, and secondly, WOW Kelly - this will be an fuh-mazing (f***ing + amazing) quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tula Pink is one of my very favourite designers and I would love to have met her. I can't wait to see what you come upo with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for progress picks. I'd also like to see a pic of your magic fabric cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab quilt! You will come up with an amazing one I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be stunning - I can't wait to see it in progress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to see your version of Tula's amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like quite the project you are undertaking. It will be fabulous and I love your text fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh that'll be a stunning quilt! Can't wait to see how your version turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's going to be some tricky work in this, but it'll be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been imagining the exact same thing.
    Can't wait to see how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That quilt is amazing, can't wait to see yours in progress.

    ReplyDelete