1.10.12

Fresh Sewing Day

October is upon us and in typical UK style it is grey and drizzly outside!  With the use of a LOT of artificial light I managed to get a few decent pics of the last of my September makes all ready for Fresh Sewing day.

It's been a fairly quiet month for me, with an awful lot of Handstitchery.
Kokeshi dolls cushion, Aneela Embroidery, pouches and my practice tote for Mouthy Stitches swap.
The my first attempt at my Mouthy Stitches tote panel which didn't quite work as I wanted it too, but not wanting to be wasteful I turned into a gigantic pouch.
It's just as well it didn't work for the tote as I cut all the fabric 1/2" too small!

Last but not least, I pulled my head out of my ask and got back on with my second attempt with the Mouthy Stitches tote.  I think this one is a winner....

Mouthy Stitches swap 2 reversible tote.
and deserves a post of it's own next week ;-).

October is going to be full of Quilt along's and small makes for me!

Linking up with Lynne at Lily's quilts for Fresh sewing day.


Lily's Quilts

19 comments:

  1. Oh the second version of the pouch looks fab! The stars really pop on the dark background. Glad you managed to salvage the first one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks amazing! I'm still really loving those Kokeshi dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* I love all of your makes. You have got so much done! I'm not sure I can pick a favourite - they are all so lovely. I am going to have to take some time management classes from you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, your new Mouthy Stitches bag is gorgeous! Well, everything here is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you on Fresh Sewing Day. I absolutely love those kokeshi dolls!! I collect them in real life. Looking forward to following your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo i love that kokeshi doll emroidery.. Wann make one tooo...great september you have. Love all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love LOVE the tote. Can I pleeeeeeeease have it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you did great - and your tote is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! Love the stitchings and the Aneela one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so gorgeous and the tote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh the {new} reversible(!) tote is lovely. And your stitchery so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think everything turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, much better on the darker background - those stars really pop now! They remind me of those 'action' stars you get in old comics, like when Batman was having a fight 'pow!'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, it does deserve a post of its own - you have done an amazing job!! I love your hand stitchery - just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous projects! I love the embroidered Kokeshi dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely a winner! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your stitching is lovely, and I love the pouch and the tote!

    ReplyDelete