22.3.13

Lessons!

I haven't really had much inclination to sew this week, partly because I was so wrapped up in designing my Pixel quilt, but also because I am still out of sorts from working three night shifts.   So today when I had an urge to make another lampshade with these fabrics, I didn't waste much time thinking about it and just got to sewing.

First I made myself a quick design in EQ7 ....


then whipped up the geese...


and only then did I remember what an absolute ball ache linen can be when you have raw edges!  and yet I still I carried on!?!



and it does look pretty from a distance, but if I plug it in I can only show it from this angle...


Lessons learnt from today's little sewing session?  Don't use black linen on a lampshade, it will just end in tears! ;-)

24 comments:

  1. oh dear... can you put it somewhere where the light does not get turnd on!!!!! Looks good in the daylight xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous, is that one of the kits from fabric rehab?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - having never made a lampshade I'm not sure what the problem is, but it looks impeccable in the daylight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea, but I know what you mean. It does look awesome during the day, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty!! Just put it somewhere you only see that angle when it's on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lampshade is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fab though! Can't you line it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful - love the pretty rainbow of geese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may have been a pain to sew but it's gorgeous, I love your other one too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks good to me either way but I like Nat's idea of lining it. Your geese looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may need to buy a lamp just so I can make a lampshade for it... you've got me hooked! It's still beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't get it...why can't the other sides show when the light is on?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fabulous. Lovely row of colorful geese.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's lovely! I want to make a coolie shade with the rollerboots for my sewing room.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's nothing wrong with keeping the lights off - it looks so lovely though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! The black linen might have been a pain but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super fabulous lampshade. There's a lesson or two in everything...

    ReplyDelete