31.3.13

Scrappy rainbow - a finish!

I have spent the last couple of days visiting the parents and in-laws and so took the opportunity to get some pictures of the three quilts I finished sewing the binding on last week.  First up is the Scrappy rainbow quilt, which was inspired by the missing 'U' quilt in the Sunday morning quilts book.  I am so happy with how this has turned out and it is going to live with my Mum.

*******************Warning - this is a picture happy post ;-)**************************

First of all, we started off the photo shoot at a local park.  All was going well, until the quilt got caught with a gust of wind and fell in a nice pile of mud!


So we went back to my Mum and Dads, where it was more protected from the elements..


My two 'very short in stature' parents are standing on that bench!!

Ikea numbers for the backing - LOVE it!

then the quilt went into the washer to get all the mud off and then outside into the In-laws garden for one last photo shoot with my favourite tree..



It needs washing again now, thanks to all the green mossy crap on the tree!

Quilt deets:
Pattern - Inspired by the Missing 'U' quilt from the Sunday Morning quilts book.
Fabrics - Various scraps for blocks.  Kona Coal for small border and Architextures Crosshatch in grey for larger borders.
Binding - Architextures crosshatch in black.
Backing - Ikea Britten Nummer and large rainbow scraps.
Quilting - Various FMQ patterns by me.
Size - approx 65 x 75"

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I really love it, you make the most beautiful quilts Kelly! Like the keeping it real with the mud and moss, v annoying :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant finish! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, a very happy quilt! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fabulous, Kelly! Lucky mum and Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is utterly gorgeous.
    I love the colours and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt! The back is gorgeous too and your quilting looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Kelly! Glad the mud came off! And your quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! And love the realities of taking pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's goregous and sounds like it's having lots of baths :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! Glad the mud didn't stain it. I love the off centre design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful Kelly. I love both the front and back. I'm chuckling at its outside adventures, at least it will be lovely and very clean for your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent - I love that quilt soooooo much!
    I've been photographing quilts at my parents today; must be something in the snowy air xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is so gorgeous, the quilting is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a totally fantabulous quilt - I love the backing as much as the front. Great photos, that quilt already has adventures to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it Kelly! Fab finish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful!! Can you show us more up close shots of the quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous quilt!! Love the colors...the quilting.....the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's fab! I love the happy brightness of it. And I am also laughing my arse off at the thought of your parents standing on a bench :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning! And the back looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's gorgeous!!
    Your poor parents!!! Hope you didn't make them stand up there too long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your quilt so much that I have it marked as 'unread' in my mailbox. I have that book too and just went and looked at it. I hope to copy you and do the same. I love all the white around the different colored blocks. Plus thanks to you I went to Ikea and bought amazing fabric to back my quilts with so THANK YOU because they have glorious fabric that I didn't know about but do now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. P.S. Us 'short' people are NOT short we are vertically challenged!!

    ReplyDelete