19.4.13

Back in business!

After a weird and long fortnight away, I am finally back at my sewing machine!  I have been managing to keep up with blog reading but after the first few attempts at commenting on my phone I gave up, I value my sanity too much.  You can expect normal commenting to resume from today though ;-).

Yesterday I jumped from project to project like a hyperactive child, too excited to concentrate on anything in particular.  I put the binding on my Pixel quilt (gutted that I didn't get this finished in time to enter Le Challenge!).  Still I  just have the hand stitching to do now and I will have my first FAL finish.

 Made purses for a friend at work who keeps getting me commissions that I don't want.

 Couldn't resist making myself one while I was at it.

 I even made a little progress on one of my FAL projects by washing the Jute webbing for my duffle bag, that stuff bleeds colour like you would not believe!  Today I am bouncing into a brand new project and messing around with these beauties.
Disco dots brought home from Quiltcon by Charlotte and very generously given to me by Pennie. 
 Ahh life is good again!
 


21 comments:

  1. Welcome back! What a fun gaggle of purses, I especially love the one you made for yourself. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with those disco dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you are making up for lost time. Love the purses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have beautiful projects on the go. I might have ordered those mirror dots so I am curious to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I missed you! LOVE your fabric pull - those texty fabrics rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. helloooooooo!!! Got anything good in the post lately?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, you're back! I can't wait to see what you're making with the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Normal commenting?? When were your comments ever normal???? Those purses are gorgeous and the pixel quilt s amazing. Can't wait to see what the dots become :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that final stack of fabric, and happy to have you back in our blogging universe again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, did you send anyone down?

    ReplyDelete
  10. good to have you back, sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice purses, how come you don't like commissions?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab purses, I know at the Retreat the method taught was to keep that top edge fuzzy and I never really understood why because your way keeps the visible side bits much tidier. I can see why you keep getting commissions - they are perfect & great fabrics x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What Hadley asked! Laughing at the unwanted commissions :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. Look at all those luscious text prints. Enjoy ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't those dots tha bomb? I bought a FQ stack and it's my favoritist ever. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm waiting on some dots to arrive from the States - not that I have any plans for them, just growing my stash (again).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the purses, but wow, those last fabrics- heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Missed you lots darl.
    Mmm those purses look fantastic. Can I harrass you for a tute/pattern sometime soon??!?!?!
    What is all that gorgeousness in the last pic!!!!! loving the fabrics - just add a little Essex dyed linen in black and I would be in heaven.
    Welcome back chickadee xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back! Love the little pouches, and that new project looks awesome, very jeli quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet bags. I need that sudoku fabric!

    ReplyDelete