20.9.13

Enabled

Most of the time when I find a quilt/bag on Flickr that I love, my thought process generally goes like this... 'Oh I love that, want one' quickly followed by this 'ahh it involves hand sewing, pleats, 10 years of cutting out' and so I normally never bother.

Well, that was until I saw Liz's For Pleat sake Tote on Flickr this week and then did a Internet search and found Moira's beauty.  This time the only thought in my head was 'NEED ONE NOW!'...

Out came the Melody Miller arrows

For pleats sake tote - free pattern from U-Handbag

matched up with some Half moon modern for the lining....

 I bought the handles from this Ebay seller (free 1st class postage!!) and hand sewed them on using Perle thread, because that was what I had.

Apart from the embarrassingly long time it took me to get the pleats right on the first panel, this pattern was a breeze to make.  I can see more in my future ;-)

24 comments:

  1. oooh, that's really nice! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous, love it, and you were popping your pleating cherry on the first, that's acceptable! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time making out the pleats is always a b##g#r, even on the fourth or fifth one so don't sweat it. Your bag is a thing of true beauty *claps wildly*

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love this! Really nice in the arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! I can see why you jumped on it and the fabric was such a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a stunner! You have a great eye for colours and fabrics x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like. Want. Off to find pattern.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz almost had that effect on me - now you have probably tipped me over the copycat top!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, perfect fabric for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous bag, the fabrics is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab pattern, thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous bag! I'm with you - I love the look of bags but they always end up seeming way too much effort to put together. This one was well worth the time on the pleats! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. :does the funky chicken whilst wearing her best enabler badge:
    I lurve your version.
    This bag pattern is so fab but a little too tempting. If you only pleat the outside and not the lining, its easy to whip one up in a morning.
    Nice handles - fabulous darling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bag turned out great! I love the combination of the two fabrics though I wouldn't have dared to use such a pretty fabric for the lining ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, I love it. Off to have a look at the pattern now

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks great! I especially like how the scalloped bit looks on the side.

    ReplyDelete