25.10.13

Blogger's quilt festival

Quilt market is in full swing and that means it's time for .....

AmysCreativeSide

My entry for the fall blogger's festival is my Rainbow queen 'strip and flip' quilt, which I am entering into the ROYGBIV (colour wheel) quilt category.

I used a Kona classics roll up and Architextures Crosshatch and was roughly (read badly) following the Cluck Cluck Sew strip and flip tute. 


 Sticking with the simple theme, I quilted wavy lines with #Aurifil in variegated greys (#4670) with my walking foot, which gives the quilt a really lovely texture.


 I admit to being a little addicted to the ubiquitous Ikea numbers print, but it suited this quilt so well, it was a must for the backing.


This quilt wasn't suppose to be for me, but I just couldn't give it up in the end.  I did promise my kidlet a superhero quilt instead though ;-)

Quilt stats:
Fabrics - Kona classic roll up and Architextures Crosshatch in black
Binding - Architextures crosshatch in black.
Backing - Ikea Britten Nummer
Quilting -Wonky wavy lines using Aurifil 50wt variegated in grey (4670)
Size - Approx 52" * 69" 
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I am off to look at the other entries, which is my favourite part of the festival.

37 comments:

  1. This is on my list of favorite quilts. Nature couldn't do the rainbow any more beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt! I really love the way the wavy quilting softens the lines of colours and helps blend them into each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah said it so well- the perfect rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choice of quilting design and backing fabric. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great quilt! I love the rainbow colors paired with the crosshatch - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hope you win! This is such a stunning quilt and I'm pleased you are keeping it for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so do not blame you for keeping it. I love it and you are the queen of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fingers crossed for you, it really is a fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I reckon you could have given the photography section a good run for its money too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt! It's so beautiful and bright! The wavy quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple yet so striking. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't have been able to give this away either - it is fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still love this one. Great choice my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this quilt, it is so nice to see it again in the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very pretty! I don't think I could give it up either ; )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you make a LOT of Rainbow colored quilts by your header. Nice to promise another one in trade and keep this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So colourful, so jelliquilts! Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soo pretty! Makes a beautiful rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love love. You could gave entered in the photo section too x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely lovely quilt! Eye Candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This category is just made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I bloody love this, and i wouldn't have given it away either, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning! I could never part with it either!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful quilt, and I'd never part with it either!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it. I want one, too, so I can see why you kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. it's fab, oh queen of rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So great! So so great. Those pictures too! How did you get that look? Is there a filter?

    ReplyDelete
  28. That crosshatch was a perfect pairing for this one! Great graphic quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, I love it! I've been dreaming of making a rainbow quilt with all solids, and maybe one of those pretty Kona roll ups like yours. It looks amazing with the charcoal (as the Architextures "reads" to me in the pictures!). I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would have kept it too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely gorgeous! I love Kona Solids and this quilt is one of the reasons why- so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ya, this is a great quilt!!! Vibrant. Simple. Wish I owned it!!! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your quilt is beautiful. Sometimes simple can pack a real punch. Plus I can't resist vibrant solids like these :).

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, that quilt is amazing. I'd love to snuggly down under something so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely stunning quilt - I love how vibrant solids can be together!

    ReplyDelete