2.2.14

Maya

The last week has been quite eventful, but hands down the best thing to have happened is the arrival    of my long awaited niece, who decided to pop out a few weeks early and arrive on my birthday.  So to go along with the hundreds of quilts I have made her, I decided that she needed a cushion as well.

I ordered a couple of Posy mini charm packs and some matchy bigger cuts and set to work and if you follow me on IG, you will have seen every step of the way (addicted much!!)

 For the quilting I marked a random curve with my Hera marker and then used the edge of my walking foot as a width guide creating a curvy crosshatch.  I used 50wt #Aurifil thread in light cream (#2026).


For the cushion back I added an hidden zipper, referring to the brilliant tute by Fiona (Poppy makes) on the Daily Stitch blog.


If it didn't have her name on it, I would be almost tempted to keep it ;-)

18 comments:

  1. You could always change your name. Worth thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, and look at you all smitten and clucky, go on, have another one, you know you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so sweet and lovely. Just like your niece! I have a niece named Maya, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow is super cute just like your niece. Love her name too. P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fab that she shares your birthday! Aunties are the best :D (especially when they make you gorgeous presents like this)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww she's adorable! Great name! That's a beautiful cushion. Congratulations to your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super pretty :-) And congrats to the new Aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwwwwwwww! She's gorgeous! How thoughtful of them to give you such a lovely birthday present ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cuuuuuuute! The cushion is as gorgeous as the wee bubba :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cushion for a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is a fabulous pillow. I love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely name, Maya :-) & a very lovely cushion from Auntie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't she precious! Congrats Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so cute,! Especially Maya of course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cushion - congrats on the new little niece too.

    ReplyDelete