18.3.14

Who let the geese out!?

I have been obsessed with the circle of geese block ever since having my first go at paper piecing the original, back in 2011.  I like a lot of geese in my circles, but would rather remove my own liver with a rusty spoon, than piece the curve that the multiples usually require.  Curves are NOT fun for me!!

So after I had worked out the template for the LPQ cushion, I realised that I could do the same and have as many geese as I liked.  No curves required!  Which led to this....

Pattern available on Craftsy here

My first block pattern -  A foundation pieced template that makes a 12" finished block of 24 geese in a beautiful circle.

I turned this one into a cushion, because you can never have enough geese cushions right!?



and because I also have an obsession with teeny teeny tiny geese, I scaled the template down and made this....


A 4.5" block, packed full of tiny geese....


 Which I turned into a pincushion...


If you fancy making a block for yourself, the pattern is now available on my Craftsy page here.  Or you can click on the gidget on the right and that will take you straight to the pattern page.


17 comments:

  1. Very nice block! Love the mini one too, sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done yo - it is awesome! Love your greens in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, they look great both your pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first pattern!! Just bought it on craftsy, yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First LP&Q Magazine, now Craftsy - next thing you'll be giving up the day job! Going to buy this goosey pattern - love it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the rainbow queen and the geese queen. Glad to see you selling the pattern. Hope it is a bestseller!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh god oh god oh god!!!!!! That pincushion is making me squeal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pincushion is too damn cute I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's absolutely delightful, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm now in possession of the pattern and that means the pincushion will just magically appear on my sewing table, does it not?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is just fabulous! My nine year old looked at my bloglovin list and spotted your photo and said how stunning it was - high praise. Do I need to learn paper piecing first, or will the pattern teach me??

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh the small geese are so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm super behind on my commenting. Just wanted to say ...I.Die.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for making your geese pattern available on Craftsy. I did purchase it and hope to make a pillow soon.
    To make a pincushion though, how much do I reduce the pattern? 50%, 75%?

    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited to have mine almost finished!! I just LOVED making this and will make more for sure!!! Thanks for your great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When you made the teeny geese, did you need to trim to an 1/8" or did you use 1/4" seam allowances as usual? I have a ton of teeny rainbow scraps and I want to make this!

    ReplyDelete