22.4.14

Chopped vegetable cushions

It was my SIL birthday a few weeks ago and she asked me to make her some cushions for her present.  Now my SIL likes brown, and her house is full of lots and lots of brown things.  So my first question after the request was " oh god, do I have to make you brown cushions again?". To my utter delight she answered "no - you can inject some colour".  I didn't hang around long enough to allow her to change her mind!


 I searched through my vast pattern collection and came across a Oh Fransson improv cushion that I bought a couple of years ago. I Pulled some fabric and matching solids and set to work.


 I chose a straight line design for the quilting, with the lines about 1/2" apart and quilted with Aurifil #2000 (50wt), it gave the cushions such a fabulous texture.


I love everything about these cushions now they are finished, but improv takes an absolute age to do and I am not sure I can say I truly enjoyed making them.  Still they look good and SIL loves them, so everyone's happy.

Just because she is cute pic!

13 comments:

  1. They will look great with all of the "browns"! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic - nice and colorful, definitely adds the pop of color :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your honesty! Fab cushions missus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little cutie! And great cushions of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh isn't it awful when you think you will really love making something, you commit to it and then you end up going through the motions.... I'm at a point in that right now, I think we should both start a fresh new project we can be enthusiastic about- you have earned it since you've made FOUR of these (mine is just one paper pieced cushion going nowhere because my puppy keeps eating my machine power cord))!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great, even if you didn't enjoy making them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are beautiful. Have you sneaked out any of the offending brown ones yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all turned out so lovely! Beautiful set of pillows to have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank f@ck you didn't have to make brown ones, these are gorgeous, love the colours, especially love the navy fabrics, I have a thing about navy at the moment, and bugger all in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! So cheery

    ReplyDelete