16.5.14

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Spring 2014

AmysCreativeSide.com

Well Quilt market is well under way, which means it is time for the Blogger's quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative side.

 My entry for the Spring festival is my Sunprint quilt which I am entering into the large quilt category.


The first time I saw the Alison Glass Sunprint fabric collection I fell in love and bought and hoarded each of the designs as they were released, because I wanted to make a quilt using all of them.


I finally decided on a triangle design and used the Sissix Isosceles triangle die to cut all my blocks, then spent hours and hour moving them about until I got to a layout I liked! ;-)

The reason I love this quilt so much, is not just because it is made with beautiful fabrics, but more because it was pieced on a weekend retreat with my fabulous sewing buddies.  Every time I look  at the quilt it makes me smile thinking about that weekend, it was full of laughter. That and the fact that I bribed Charlotte to piece some of it for me, because the points were doing my head in!!


The quilting is a off centred spiral with some funky FMQ in the middle as I value my sanity too much to try and quilt the tiny spiral.  I used Aurifil thread in grey (40wt - #2600), which blends beautifully with all the Sunprint fabrics  and the silver Kona cotton border.


 The backing is the Riley Blake dots in extra wide and I bound with the Feathers print in hot pink.

Good friends hang of the swing bar so you can get a good quilt shot!!
 So there we have my entry to the Bloggers quilt festival - thanks for stopping by!  I'm off to look at all the beautiful quilts being posted.

Quilt stats:
Design:My own (4 hours of moving triangles around)
Fabrics:Alison Glass Sunprint (46 fabrics in all); Kona cotton in Graphite and Kona cotton in Silver
Binding:Alison Glass Feathers in pink
Quilting:Off centre spiral with a bit of random FMQ in the middle
Thread:  Pieced and quilted with #Aurifil thread in grey (40wt & 50wt #2600)
Size: 54" x 70"




38 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt, love the fabrics. Was the die easy to use, does it have cut off points so you can line it up properly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning quilt! I love this fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent entry and this is one of those quilts that makes me smile and I didn't even get to enjoy the quilty gobby weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous quilt Kelly! And I'm envious of your fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt, I love the rainbowy-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely beautiful! Best of luck! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really stunning- you have every right to be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beauty. Just love your style and your rainbows :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! Such a great line of fabrics and put to excellent use. Good looking quilt you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful.... Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this so much. Mainly because I made it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wonderful!

    P.S. Think Charlotte is asking for a slap ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful. I love the randomness of this. The off center Hex and the way all the colors seem to spiral out from it. It glows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous - love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a bright and vibrant quilt. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautifully designed, beautifully made and beautifully finished #beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful - I love triangle quilts

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully done! All the time spent moving those triangles around was well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous entry! I love her fabrics (although possess none :-( ) and who doesn't love a triangle quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colors!!! Your pattern is beautiful and the colors just show it off fabulously.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! I love the way the colors give it beautiful movement. So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fantastic! I love all of the colors. I think my favorite part is the layout you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, those colors are so beautiful and vibrant! Your color placement really adds so much to this quilt! Beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I only have about half of these prints--wish I had gotten them all. Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So nice to look at this quilt! Beautifully! Original! Carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah, a beautiful quilt and retreat memories, the joys of the quilting life! This looks wonderful, your fabric arrangement really works great. Enjoy the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The layout of your triangles was worth every minute fussing over because they are placed just perfectly. I'm loving all the spiral quilting I've seen lately, the throat of my machine is so small that I don't think I could ever do a quilt this large with it. Gonna have to pin your quilt for inspiration :) Visiting form BQF!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your hours of moving fabrics around paid off - your design is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love those fabrics, too - they are beautiful. I understand your playing with the triangles, too - it has to be the way you see it! And it works beautifully. Great work!

    ReplyDelete